Saturday, May 7, 2011

Rest Day

My big plans to go explore the farmer's market and eat cheese fell through primarily due to my laziness.  I got up, ate two plates of breakfast downstairs, then came back upstairs.  I screwed around for a while on the internet, did a little homework, and took a nap.  Then I got woken up by the maid who thought we were leaving today.  I did a little more homework after that, screwed around on the internet again, and fell asleep again.  When I woke up, my roommate had left, and I was confused.  Once I figured out that he'd gone across the street for food, I did more homework.  Once I got tired of explaining higher birth rates in lesser developed countries, I decided it was time to ride.  So me and Joe headed out with no real plan other than to spin for an hour or so.  We managed to wind up at the UW campus.  It is huge!  We got to one end of it, cruised through the middle, then saw a sign that said "UW Campus Ahead."  We turned off and rode by the Capitol Building then worked our way back to the hotel.  Here's some pictures:

Joe rides for Yahoo in the regular season, Sacramento State collegiately

Not too bad of a photo considering the fact that I was riding while shooting
Also, I uploaded my Garmin file from yesterday.  Check out the Day O' Pain.  The Crit's tomorrow.  Hopefully I can put a little hurt into the guys who rode the TTT today.

2 comments:

  1. 53.3 mph ?
    Wow - I guess you bombed that descent!
    Is that the fastest you have gone on a bike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 56 is the fastest I've gone. That was just a dump loop with a good tailwind. This was in the "neutral" rollout in a 90 man field.

    ReplyDelete